- 1. What is the maximum payload of the AK2000S？What cameras could be mounted on it？
Maximum payload is 2.2KG/4.85lb（requires well balanced before turning on）.
Common used SLR & Mirrorless cameras that fit the AK2000S ( more cameras will be added through future updates, for details please see the camera list for AK2000s）：
(1)SONY：A9 Series、A7 Series；A6300/A6400 Series, etc.
Lens: FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS, FE 16-35mm f/4 , FE28-70mm , E PZ 18–105mm , FE 85mm F1.4 GM, etc.
(2)CANON：EOS R, M50, M6 or other cameras with similar size；
Lens: RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM、RF 50mmF1.2L、RF 35mmF1.8 etc.
(3)Panasonic : GH4、GH5/GH5S series；GX9、GF9 Series；
Lens: LEICA DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60 f/2.8-4 Power OIS、LUMIX G 14-140mm f/4-5.8 OIS、LEICA DG Vario-Elmarit 8-18mm f/2.8-4.0 ASPH etc.
(4)Nikon：Z6、Z7 and other similar mirrorless cameras.
Lens：NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S，NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S.
(5)Fujifilm：XT3/XT2、X-T20 、X-T30、XH-1 and other similar mirrorless cameras.
Lens：XF 16-55mm 1:2.8 R LM WR，XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR etc.
- 2. What is the weight of the AK2000S？What material is it made of？
- 1.2KG/2.64lb（without camera or shutter cable or any other accessories）
The AK2000s is made of aluminum alloy + unique light rosewood.
- 3. The motors do not work after turning on the gimabl, what shold I do？
Make sure the gimbal/camera is balanced before turning on the gimbal, when properly balanced, the camera can stay at any angle without holding by hands；
Make sure to unlock the 3 axis, and the tilt motor should be on the right side of the camera.
- 4. How long is the battery life？
The battery for ak2000S is unremovable;
When the gimbal work with stand by mode , which could work around 14 hours ; Using for shooting, which could work around 7 hours. Before turn the gimbal on, please make sure all those three axises were balanced properly.
- 5. How long does it need to get the gimbal fully charged？Does it support fast charge？
≥1h( 1~1.5h ).
It supports power adapter with less than 18W.
(When charging the gimbal，the screen will show charging icon，and will disappear after 1s. Press any button can wake it up)
- 6. The gimbal vibrates after switching to another camera？
Make sure the gimbal is well balanced;
Slide the screen to the left --> Motor strength --> Auto adaptation --> confirm
- 7. Is the AK2000s waterprofe？
It is not waterprofe.
- 8. Can the AK2000s provide power to camera via USB？
The Camera2 port can provide 5V power to Sony camera.
- 9. what structure design does the quick release plate has？
The quick release plate features a two-layer structure，the bottom plate and the secondary plate are compatible with the quick release plate of the ARCA panoramic gimbal tripod.
The secondary plate with the camera could be easily slide in/out，no need to readjust for different cameras.
- 10. What is the dimensions of the AK2000s？
158.7*203.6*372.8mm（when working at the initial angle），71*208.8*350.4mm（when the arms are folded）
- 11. What are the functions of the power button？
Long press：turning on/off;
Single press（when on the home page）：Lock/Unlock;
Single press（when not on home page）：back to home page;
Double press：Sleep mode.
- 12. What are the functions of the mode button？
Single press：switch between pan follow mode and lock mode;
Double press: pan&tilt follow mode;
Triple press: All follow mode.
Pan follow：the camera only follows the movement left and right, while stays still on the tilt and roll direction .(keeps vertical for the tilt，and keeps level for the roll).
Pan&tilt follow：the camera follows the movement left and right, up and down, while keeps still on the roll angle.
Lock mode：The camera will face the same direction no matter wherever you turn the gimbal handle.
All follow mode：camera follows the movement of the handle in all direction (3 axis).
- 13. What functions does the function button have？
Single press: switch between photo&video
Note: when connect via USB cable, users will be able to switch between photo and video for cameras apart from Panasonic brand.
When connect with the WiFi, users will be able to switch between photo and video for cameras apart from Sony brand.
- 14. What function does the trigger button have？
Double press: go back to the initial position and default mode (Pan follow).
Long press: switch to pan&tilt follow mode, back to the previous mode when letting go (it is customizable for 3 modes, namely Lock, pan&tilt and fast follow).
Triple press: selfie mode（pan 180°）
- 15. What are the ways to connect and control the camera？
Cable control: With the standard USB control cable (Sony, Canon, Nikon, and Panasonic), use the shooting button to control camera focus, taking photo, recording, automatic continuous shooting (see the list of controllable cameras for details), use the mode button to switch between photos&Recording (not available for Panasonic).
Wifi Control: build up the connection with the assist by Feiyu on application, then you can control shooting, recording, zooming and focusing. Note:
1)Only supports the compatible cameras from Sony, Canon and Panasonic.
2)Zoom and follow focus require camera support. See the list of compatible cameras for specific supported functions.
3)For Sony cameras, it is recommended to use the Sony Type C to Multi cable for faster and more stable control.
- 16. What should I do if the gimbal does not center or keeps drifting or not being level?
Adjust the dead zone to the minimum, and initialize the gimbal.
- 17. There is delay when taking photo/recording video with Sony A01 cable connected.
It is recommended to use the Sony Multi to Type C cable for Sony cameras（some old cameras may not be supported）.
- 18. When connected via the Sony Multi control cable, after rebooting the gimbal, it is impossible to control the recording and zooming. What should I do?
You need to reconnect the cable after rebooting the gimbal.
- 19. When connecting Panasonic cameras via the DC2.5 cable, the camera has no response when trying to switch recording mode.
The camera uses a mechanical button to switch recording mode, so it is not supported for digitally control.
- 20. When using the AKF II, it doesn’t keep attaching tight with the lens when rotating the magic ring to focus.
1)Make sure to install the lens support, and also install the camera fixing bracket on the top.
2)Make sure the lens is not too tight for the AKF II to carry.
3)Switch to another lens and test if the AKF II is faulty.
- 21. Can’t power up the gimbal after keyboard firmware update?
After successfully updating, you need to hold the power button for around 10 seconds til the screen fully light up to power on the gimbal.
- 22. How to connect with Nikon camera?
Nikon cameras are not supported by AK2000s for WiFi connection.
Part of the Nikon cameras could be connected via USB cable (Z6/Z7).
- 23. What type of battery does the AK2000s use? What are the requirements for the charger?
AK2000s uses 2 pairs of 18650 INR batteries，they are built in to the gimbal and not removable，it should be charged with USB Type C cable with a powered adapter of which the power is less than 18W.
- 24. When the gimbal is off and being charged, the charging icon will disappear after a while.
If the gimbal is charged when it’s on, the charging icon will keep flashing, and will turn green when the battery is full.
If the gimbal is charged when it’s off, the screen shows the charging status for 10s, and then screen turns black. Tap any button to wake it up, charging icon turns green when the battery is full.
- 25. The gimbal cannot be charged, same result after switching to another cable?
It is recommended to use the original TYPE C cable, or use a cable as shown in the picture below.