- 1. What’s the maximum payload of the Feiyu SCORP-C?
The max payload is about 2500g (well balanced before powered on).
- 2. How much does the Feiyu Scorp-C weight? What’s the build material of it?
- Around 1200g(with quick release plate and built-in battery，without camera, lens etc.)
Aluminium alloy and plastic.
- 3. The motors do not work after turning on the gimbal, how to resolve it?
1. Make sure to fully charge the gimbal before turning it on;
2.Make sure all the axis locks are unlocked, as shown in pictures below.
3.Make sure to balance the gimbal in every axis, until the camera stays balanced at any angle.
- 4. How long is the battery life of the Feiyu SCOPR? Is the battery removable?
Around 13 hours, not removable.
- 5. Where is the USB charging port? How long does it take to fully charge？Does it support fast charging？
The charging port is under the multi-function knob, and above the trigger button;
It takes about 3 hours to fully charge with a 5V-2A charging adapter;
It supports fast charging up to 18W, by which it takes about 1.6 hours to fully charge.
- 6. Where can I download the APP for Feiyu Scorp-C? What can I do with the APP？
For iPhone users, search “Feiyu Scorp”in APP Store to download the APP;
For Android users, search “Feiyu Scorp”in Google Play to download it.
You can use the APP to update gimbal firmware, adjust gimbal parameters, remotely control gimbal directions etc.
- 7. After switching to another camera, the gimbal vibrates, how to resolve this issue?
Make sure the camera is tightly mounted and balanced in every axis;
Press the Motor Auto Tune button for 5 seconds until hearing a beep sound, the motors will start auto tuning, and finish while you hear a beep sound again.
- 8. Is the Feiyu SCORP-C waterproof?
It’s not waterproof.
- 9. Can the Feiyu SCORP-C charge the camera?
It does not support charging camera.
- 10. When trying to balance some heavy cameras, it’s hard to move the arm and hard to tighten the screw to fix the axis arm, what should I do?
Hold up the arm for a bit with one hand, then you can move the arm and tighten the screw easier. Release the arm when you finish balancing the axis.
- 11. How does the power button work?
Long press：turning on/off
Single press (when in sleep mode): wake up from sleep mode;
Double press：enter sleep mode
- 12. How does the M button work?
Single press: switch among Pan mode (default), Pan&Tilt mode, All Follow Mode, Flash Mode and Lock Mode.
5-time press：horizontal calibration. When the Bluetooth indicator turns solid from flashing status, it means completion. tap the M button to return to the working state.
Pan Mode：the camera only follows the left and right rotation of the handle, and keeps facing the same directions for other two axis (The tilt axis keeps vertical, and roll axis keeps horizontal).
Pan&Tilt Mode：The camera follows the left and right, up and down rotation of the handle, while the roll axis keeps being horizontal.
All Follow Mode：The camera follows the rotation of the gimbal handle in all three axis with no limit angle.
Flash Mode: The camera follows the rotation of the gimbal handle in all three axis with a faster speed and no limit angle.
Lock Mode：The camera faces the same direction no matter how you rotate the gimbal handle.
- 13. How does the shutter button work?
Single press: start/stop recording
Long press: take a photo
- 14. How does the trigger button work?
Double press: go back to initial position (current mode stays unchanged)
Long press: temporarily switch to the customized mode (it’s Pan&Tilt mode by default, you can customize it in the Feiyu Scorp APP), release to go back to the previous mode.
Triple press：Selfie mode(Pan axis turns 180°, and automatically switch to Pan Follow mode)
- 15. How does the multi-function knob work?
1, Control the pan, tilt and roll axis(under the axis-control state);
2, Control zooming in/out electronically;
3, Control Follow Focus motor;
- 16. What should I do if gimbal issues like not centered, drifting and not being level occur?
Switch to none-All follow mode, then tap the M button 5 times, when the Bluetooth indicator turns solid from flashing status, it means calibration completes. tap the M button to return to the working state.
The other option is using the Scorp APP to adjust the horizontal angle manually.
- 17. Does the Feiyu Scorp-C support WiFi connection with camera?
It does not support WiFi connection.
- 18. What is the function of the knob mode switching button?
Long press: switch the knob functions between Electronic Follow Focus, Follow Focus and axis control.
Sing tap: Switch between Pan, Tilt and Roll control (only when in axis control state)
- 19. When connecting the gimbal with a compatible Panasonic camera via DC2.5mm cable, I can’t switch between photo and video mode, the Bluetooth indicator (camera mode indicator) doesn’flash periodically, why is that?
Mechanical shutter release only supports binary signal, so it doesn’t support switching camera modes, so users need to manually switch on the camera;
The camera mode icon will not appear in this case, it’s normal.
- 20. How to check version information of the gimbal?
Connect with the Feiyu Scorp APP, go to More - Firmware Info to check the information.
- 21. What battery does the Feiyu SCORP-C use? Any requirements for the charger?
The SCORP-C uses 18650 battery, which is built-in and not removable. It should be charged by USB Type C cable with a charging adapter of which the power is no more than 18W.
- 22. What’s the maximum control distance for a smartphone to remotely control the Feiyu SCORP-C?
The maximum distance is about 25 meters (depends on how strong the smartphone Bluetooth signal is).