- 1. Is action camera compatible with Vimble 3?
Vimble 3 is not compatible with action cameras because their length is not enough to have them mounted firmly in the adapter while using. Also, they could not be balanced before switching Vimble 3 on due to the lighter weight. If you want to mount action camera on, please try to find third party mounting plate as shown below, and put them together on Vimble 3.
- 2. Why the gimbal will lost horizontal when it is working?
1) Low power
- Normally, we could figure out from the indicator , which will flashes with red light in three times
2) Protection status
-The gimbal’s handle is rotate rapidly— Hold the gimbal with our hand or place it on the desk with a tripod.
-The temperature for the motors are too hot(55°)— Normally, it will cause by the smartphone did not balanced properly. Before turn the gimbal on, please make sure the smartphone were been installed and balanced properly with gimbal.
-The motors are excessive load— Before turn on the gimbal, please make sure the smartphone were installed and balanced properly. Check whether there is something stuck into the locker.
-Without install smartphone on the gimbal/ Smartphone been removed from the adapter.
- 3. What type of battery does Vimble 3 has? What is the battery capacity and voltage?
Vimble 3 has one Built-in Rechargeable Battery, which capacity is 1300 mAH and voltage usually 7.4V, 9.62Wh.
- 4. How to charge Vimble 3? How long does it take to charge fully? How to know the battery is fully charged?
Find USB cable provided to connect to the USB port on Vimble 3, and connect the other end of USB cable to charger adapter (not included, mobile charger adapter is compatible), as shown below.
Please note: Vimble 3 does not support quick charger.
Charging the battery with 5V/2A output adapter , it will take around 2.5 hours.
The indicator is solid red while charging. When the battery is fully charged, it turns to green.
- 5. How long a fully charged Vimble 3 will last?
After fully charged the battery, when balanced the smartphone in landscape properly, then put the gimbal on the flat surface with a tripod, it could be used around 10 hours .
- 6. Is Vimble 3 able to charge smartphone?
- 7. Is Vimble 3 splash-proof?
It is not splash-proof.
- 8. Could Vimble 3 shoot panoramas in portrait orientation ?
Android smartphone is supported, iPhone is unable.
- 9. What are the thread sizes on the bottom base of Vimble 3? How to make use of it?
There are 1 / 4inch screw hole on the bottom base of Vimble 3, which can be compatible with all the accessories with the 1 / 4inch screws, such as tripod, extension rod etc. .
- 10. What material is used in the body of Vimble 3?
ABS+PC, PA6 and other materials which are of high-strength,high- and low-temperature resistant materials.
- 11. What is operating temperature range of Vimble 3?
-10 to 45 degrees Celsius.
- 12. How to balance Vimble 3?
Please install and balance the smartphone with gimbal properly, and make sure the smartphone is already closest with the phone adapter, please keep the clip with Logo facing up.
Keep the logo of the smartphone holder upward.Keep the smartphone holder in center.
If the smartphone tilted,please move the smartphone left or right to make it horizontal.
- 13. How to switch landscape and portrait mode?
Double tap the M button
Manually turn clockwise
- 14. How to use extension rod of Vimble 3? How to do selfie with Vimble 3?
After unfolded the gimbal, hold the handle with one hand and the other hand hold the ring above the handle (Please refer to the picture below), and pull it up or retract it directly. The maximum length of the handle is 198mm.
Two ways for selfie:
Method One: Turn on the Bluetooth of smartphone, and find Vimble 3 in the Bluetooth settings, then make connection. Open native camera of smartphone, switch to front camera with triple tap the trigger button, extend the extension rod, then click Bluetooth shutter button on Vimble 3 to complete selfie.
Method Two: Turn on the Bluetooth of smart phone and make connection with Feiyu On App(Please make sure the gimbal’s Bluetooth did not connected in the smartphone’s Bluetooth settings). Triple tap the trigger button to switch to front camera or rear camera, extend the extension rod, then click Bluetooth shutter button on Vimble 3 to complete selfie.
- 15. How to power on/off Vimble 3?
Long press the power button and let go after hearing the prompt tone (about 2~3s)
- 16. What is the function of joystick? Can I change the settings of speed or directions of joystick?
The function of joystick is to control rotation of smartphone in four directions.
The speed or directions of joystick could be set up in Feiyu On App.
Below is the interface in the App for your reference:
- 17. What does mode button do? How to operate?
Single tap: Switching between pan mode (Default mode) , pan and tilt mode and all follow mode.
Double tap: Switching landscape and portrait shooting mode
- 18. What does shutter button do? How to operate?
Method 1: Control the smartphone's native camera/beauty APP to taking picture/recording video (connect directly with the smartphone's Bluetooth settings).
Method 2: Control the operation of feiyu ON APP (use with feiyu ON APP)
Light Tap: Focus
Single tap: Taking picture, start/stop video recording
Long press: switch taking picture/recording video
- 19. How to use Zoom button?
When successfully connects the Bluetooth with Feiyu ON APP, push zoom button up (W direction) to zoom in at a constant speed; push zoom button down (T direction) to zoom out at a constant speed.
- 20. How to use trigger button?
There are two trigger button for Vimble 3.
Press and hold the upper trigger button: Enter flashing mode (release to exit)
When connecting the Bluetooth with APP successfully, we could set up/use this button to switch the front and rear camera and other functions;
Press and hold the bottom trigger button: Lock mode (release to exit)
Double tap: reset, gimbal work in pan mode, and three axes are reset to the initial horizontal state.
Triple tap: switch front/rear camera
- 21. How to initialize Vimble 3?
When the gimbal is on, press mode button +On-Screen Icons button at the same time and let go after hearing a beep, initialization will be finished when the indicator flashing with green light-green light constant on-breathing light. Single tap the power button to wake up.
- 22. Why gimbal is not horizontal ? How to calibrate it?
1) Please make sure the smartphone were installed and balanced with gimbal properly, whether the two sides of phone adapter is parallel.
2)When the gimbal is on, press mode button +On-Screen Icons button at the same time and let go after hearing a beep, initialization will be finished when the indicator flashing with green light-green light constant on-breathing light. Single tap the power button to wake up.
3)Pairing the Bluetooth with Feiyu On App, click settings icon, select Horizontal Calibration, then the gimbal will automatically calibrate .
- 23. Vimble 3 could not turn on while upgrade the firmware successfully, what to do?
Please turn the gimbal on , and upgrade the firmware by App again. When upgrading, please make sure the gimbal always on, and keep the phone on App’s interface.
- 24. How to clear Bluetooth pairing info?
When Vimbe 3 is on, push down the joystick and triple tap the power button to unpaired the Bluetooth connection, the indicator will quick flashing with blue light. After unpaired the Bluetooth, please reboot the gimbal.
- 25. What kind of App does Vimble 3 used? Where could we download it?
The App for Vimble 3 is Feiyu On. For Android system of smartphone , we could be download the Feiyu On App from Feiyu official website, 360 mobile assistant, pea pod, Google play. For iOS system of smartphone, we could be download from the App Store.
And other way is scan the QR code to download the Feiyu on App(For Android system of smartphone, please use the browser's scan code plugin to scan the QR code) .
- 26. Why should I input my email address when use Feiyu On App at the first time?
It is set up that way because malfunction provided by customers could be resolved on a one-to-one basis.
- 27. No Stabilizer Found in the Feiyu On App, how to fix it?
1)Whether the indicator flashes with blue light constant on, if yes, that means the Bluetooth for the gimbal were been connected by other device. In this case, please turn off the smartphone’s Bluetooth, which were connected with the gimbal’s Bluetooth.
2)Please run the Bluetooth setting on your smartphone, then forget or cancel pairing the gimbal’s Bluetooth. Closing the Bluetooth and open it again , after that, run the APP and pairing the Bluetooth.
3)Another option is go away about 10 meters, and try to search the Bluetooth again.
- 28. “Connection Failed” is given when try to connect Feiyu On App, how to fix it?
Please try the following steps:
1.Forget the device or cancel pairing in the Bluetooth settings of smartphone, close the Bluetooth of smartphone and open it again, making sure the Bluetooth signal of gimbal is not connected in the smartphone’s Bluetooth settings.
2.Please reboot the gimbal, and run the Feiyu On App to connect again.
- 29. Why does the pan axis shaking when manual lock the tilt axis?
There will be limitation for tilt axis, the available rotated angle is ±40, the pan axis shaking is cause by the tilt working in the limitation angle.
- 30. How to enter Lock mode?
Press and hold the bottom trigger button to enter the lock mode, release the trigger button to return to the previous mode
- 31. How to enter flashing mode?
Press and hold the upper trigger button to enter the flashing mode, and release the trigger button to return to the previous mode.
- 32. iPhone moves randomly when perform face tracking or object tracking, how to fix it?
1) Please make sure Portrait Orientation Lock in iPhone were turn off, kindly see the picture below.
2) Please make sure you were paired the Bluetooth with Feiyu On App properly.
- 33. Why Android version does not have slow motion mode?
Android version does not include that mode because part of Android phones could not perform that function.
Note: slow motion function is also not included in part of iPhones which has low configuration, like iPhone5S or iPhone 5.
- 34. Which kind of smartphone could be compatible with pairing mode?
The following conditions need to be met:
1) the phone volume "+" key, you can control the camera shutter
2) In the paired settings, the "input device" permission needs to be turned on, as shown in the picture below:
- 35. The HDR photo function is not working, why?
This function could work while your phone is iPhone 7 or above, below iPhone 7, which is nonsupport.
If your phone is iPhone 7 or above, you will need to set up the resolution to 30fps.
Reason analysis: HDR functionality is limited by algorithm performance and the system does not allow multiple photos to be combined.
Taking iPhone 7 Plus as an example:
When we were set up the resolution to 1080P 60fps, which will remind“mode does not support”.
When we were set up the resolution to 720P 60fps or 4K/1080P/720P 30fps is can work properly.
- 36. What should be paid attention to during the firmware upgrade?
1)Please make sure the battery for the gimbal is not ran out off.
2)Please do not charging the gimbal’s battery during the upgrade process.
3)Please do not turn off the App during the upgrade process.
4)Please do not turn off the gimbal during the upgrade process.
- 37. When upgrade the firmware, the App prompts up “upgrade failed”, and the indicator light keeps on in green, gimbal could not turn on, what should I do?
Please reboot the gimbal, and connecting with App again to upgrade the Keyboard firmware.
- 38. When upgrade the firmware, the App prompts up “upgrade failed”, the indicator light keeps on in green, the gimbal able to turn off after waiting for 15 seconds, what should I do?
Please reboot the gimbal, and run the App again, next, upgrade the Keyboard firmware.
- 39. When upgrade the firmware, the App prompts up “upgrade failed”, the indicator flashing with blue color, and white lights constant on, what should I do?
Please reboot the gimbal, and run the App again, next, upgrade the gimbal firmware.
- 40. When upgrade the firmware, the App prompts up “upgrade successful”, after reboot the gimbal, the indicator flashing with blue color, and white lights constant on, gimbal’s motors are turn off, what should I do?
Please reboot the gimbal, and run the App again, next, upgrade the gimbal firmware.