- 1. What’s the maximum payload of the Feiyu SCORP-Mini?
The max payload is about 1200g/2.65 lb (well balanced before powered on).
- 2. How much does the Feiyu SCORP-Mini weight? What’s the build material of it?
- Around 787g/1.735 lb（with quick release plate，without camera, lens etc.）
Aluminium alloy and plastic.
- 3. The motors do not work after turning on the gimbal, how to resolve it?
1. Make sure to fully charge the gimbal before turning it on;
2.Make sure all the axis locks are unlocked, as shown in pictures below.
3.Make sure to balance the gimbal properly, until the camera stays balanced at any angle.
- 4. How long is the battery life of the Feiyu SCOPR-Mini? Is the battery removable?
Around 13 hours, not removable.
- 5. Where is the USB charging port? How long does it take to fully charge？Does it support fast charging?
The charging port is under the multi-function knob, and above the trigger button;
It takes about 3 hours to fully charge with a 5V-2A charging adapter;
It supports fast charging up to 18W, by which it takes about 1.6 hours to fully charge.
- 6. Where can I download the APP for Feiyu SCORP-Mini? What functions does the APP offer?
For iPhone users, search “Feiyu SCORP”and “Feiyu ON” in APP Store to download the APPs;
For Android users, search “Feiyu SCORP”and “Feiyu ON” in Google Play to download them.
You can use both the Feiyu SCORP and Feiyu ON APP to update gimbal firmware, adjust gimbal parameters, remotely control gimbal directions etc. While using the Feiyu ON, you can take pictures and record videos with it.
- 7. After switching to another camera, the gimbal vibrates, how to resolve this issue?
Make sure the camera is tightly mounted and well balanced;
Press “Motor Power”on the screen, tap “Auto Tune”and then “Start Tuning”, the motors will start auto tuning, wait a few moments and tap on “Calibration complete”to finish.
- 8. Is the Feiyu SCORP-Mini waterproof?
It’s not waterproof.
- 9. Can the Feiyu SCORP-Mini charge the camera?
It does not support charging camera.
- 10. When trying to balance some heavy cameras, it’s hard to move the arm and hard to tighten the screw to fix the axis arm, what should I do?
Hold up the arm for a bit with one hand, then you can move the arm and tighten the screw easier. Release the arm when you finish balancing the axis.
- 11. How does the power button work?
Long press：turning on/off
Single press (when in sleep mode): wake up from sleep mode;
Double press：enter sleep mode
- 12. How does the M button work?
Single press: switch between Pan mode and PF mode
double tap：PTF mode
Triple tap: FPV mode
Pan Mode：the camera only follows the left and right rotation of the handle, and keeps facing the same directions for other two axis (The tilt axis keeps vertical, and roll axis keeps horizontal).
PTF Mode：The camera follows the left and right, up and down rotation of the handle, while the roll axis keeps being horizontal.
All Follow Mode：The camera follows the rotation of the gimbal handle in all three axis with no limit angle.
Lock Mode：The camera faces the same direction no matter how you rotate the gimbal handle.
- 13. How does the shutter button work?
Single press: start/stop recording
Long press: take a photo
- 14. How does the trigger button work?
Double press: go back to initial position (current mode stays unchanged)
Long press: temporarily switch to the customized mode (it’s Pan&Tilt mode by default, you can customize it in the Feiyu SCORP APP), release to go back to the previous mode.
Triple press:Selfie mode(Pan axis turns 180°, and automatically switch to Pan Follow mode)
- 15. How does the multi-function knob work?
1, Control the pan, tilt and roll axis (under the axis-control state);
2，Control zooming in/out electronically;
3，Control Follow Focus motor;
4，Set gimbal/camera parameters (Aperture, shutter speed, ISO, motor power, follow speed, dead zone, joystick speed, horizontal calibration, rotation speed etc.)
- 16. What should I do if gimbal issues like not centered, drifting and not being level occur?
Switch to none-All follow mode, then swipe left and select “Gimbal settings”, tap on “Horiz calibration”to calibrate the horizontal angle.
Another option is using the Feiyu SCORP APP to adjust the horizontal angle to minimum.
- 17. Does the Feiyu SCORP-Mini support WiFi connection with a camera?
It does not support WiFi connection.
- 18. What is the function of the knob mode switching button?
Long press: switch the knob functions between Electronic Follow Focus, Follow Focus motor and axis control.
Single tap: Switch between Pan, Tilt and Roll control (only when in axis control state)
- 19. When connecting the gimbal with a compatible Panasonic camera via DC2.5mm cable, I can’t switch between photo and video mode, the camera mode icon on the screen does not appear, why is that?
Mechanical shutter release only supports binary signal, so it doesn’t support switching camera modes, so users need to manually switch on the camera;
The camera mode icon will not appear in this case, it’s normal.
- 20. The axis fixing knob gets stuck, how do I solve this problem?
If the arm can still be moved, or there’s a gap between the arm and the knob, turn the knob harder to lock it;
If the arm can not be moved, or there’s no gap between the arm and the knob, turn the knob harder to unlock it;
- 21. How to check version information of the gimbal?
Swipe left from Home screen > More > Version information.
- 22. What battery does the Feiyu SCORP-Mini use? Any requirements for the charger?
The SCORP-Mini uses 18650 battery, which is built-in and not removable. It should be charged by USB-C cable with a charging adapter of which the power is no more than 18W.
- 23. What’s the maximum control distance for a smartphone to remotely control the Feiyu SCORP-Mini?
The maximum controlling distance is about 25 meters (depends on how strong the smartphone Bluetooth signal is).